Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Hot Pot in Chongqing!




I have to say that this was one of the most interesting experiences we have ever had in China! I am so proud of Scott for eating everything that he did! Scott, if you don't know, eats cheeseburgers and pizza, a meat and potatoes kind of guy so for him to even try this was amazing! He ate 10 times more than I did! Makenna was hungry so I just kept busy by cutting up pieces of who knows what and puttint it on her plate to eat! She loved it and I am sure that she was used to eating every bit of it at the orphanage. Her paperwork said that she ate livers and other organs with her rice! I am sure she will thank us someday for rescuing her! We told Frederick we were nervous and we only ate normal beef and chicken. It didn't take long to find out that there would be none of that! We could have any internal organ or intestine of pretty much any animal we wanted! Frederick kept pulling bowls off the conveyer belt and dumping them in the boiling pot of unknown liquids and spices!
Enjoy the video. I am sure someday we will look back on this thanksgiving and laugh!!! We do look forward to a turkey and mashed potato real thanksgiving dinner!
Happy Turkey Day!

No comments: