Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Difficult day for Hannah

Well, yesterday was a hard day for Miss Hannah. She had her 3 year old physical and that included one shot. She had also gotten a splinter in her foot that we could not get out so Dr. Burke got that out too. She was very upset by the time we left!! The fun part of the appointment was that she got to pee in a cup!! How exciting is that! She has since asked if she can pee in the cup again! Oh my. Anyway, she weighed 31 pounds and was 36 inches tall. She is in the 20 percentile for height and 50 percentile for weight. He said she was doing great. He did confirm something that I had been suspecting. Hannah has been asking "what did you say" alot and I think her speech has gotten harder to understand in the last couple of months. She is also talking VERY loudly. He said that she did have fluid in one of her ears, no infection, just fluid. He recommends we take her to the ENT here in town and have her evaluated and possible ear tubes. Neither one of the boys needed tubes and Makenna does for sure and possibly Hannah too!
Last night Hannah's leg was hurting so badly she couldn't walk and cried, I am sure not having a nap helped with her mood. Daddy was going to take the girls for a wagon ride but Hannah didn't want to go. I think the bumping around would have been too much for her so she and mommy sat in the rocking chair and rocked and rocked and talked about life! It was such a neat time. I love when I get to spend one on one time with the girls. Hannah really is the sweetest little girl. We are so blessed!
I will get pictures from Easter posted soon. Can you believe I have not even downloaded them off the camara yet?! Oh my, I have been busy!

ps. I heard Hannah upstairs fussing. Usually she just comes downstairs in the morning so I went up to her room. She was laying there so pathetic, saying she couldn't walk on her leg again and needed to be carried downstairs! I carried her down and stood her in the family room to which she was saying her leg didn't work still. I told her to try it out first and I'd be right there if she needed me to pick her up. Well, to her amazement she was able to walk! The look on her face was of awe that she could actually walk today! Too priceless!

No comments: