Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First day of preschool







Well, it has finally come and gone! Hannah has officially started preschool! We started last night with picking out the perfect outfit, making a new hairbow to match and getting to bed about 8:00. I had to wake the girls up at 7:30 which I found out needs to be by 7. Hannah needs snuggle time and to lay in my bed, drink her milk or juice and chill for a bit before she can start the day, alot like me!
We got all ready for school, grabbed a granola bar for breakfast, tried to snap a few pictures of which she did NOT want to do, and head to school. We met up with her buddy Caleb that lives across the street and had to have pictures taken together. Makenna was feeling left out so she got in on a picture, of course Hannah not wanting her picture taken, was being very uncoorperative. How can we be photographers and not get a picture of our own daughter?!
Hannah marched into her room without looking back. I snapped a picture outside as I was leaving looking in at her little class. She was of course talking to the little girl next to her! After we left the church, Makenna and I had our first story time. Can I just say NIGHTMARE?! She is not ready to sit down and listen to a story, basically, she isn't ready to stop. She is on the go from sun up to sun down! She pitched a few fits, refused to color her craft, only wanting the glue stick to play with. She did enjoy the bells that we all got to jingle and march in a circle to music. All in all, I am not looking forward to our next session! We stopped by our friends house to visit since we only had about a half an hour before we had to pick up Hannah and Makenna was not a nice girl there either. She started rubbing her eyes so we left and I drove around a bit hopeing she'd drop off to sleep before getting Hannah and Caleb but no luck.
We went to Hannah's class to get her and she ran out of her room with an apple cutout that had a sticker that said "I survived my first day of preschool"! We had to then wait in line for Caleb since he is in another class and we headed to the "mailboxes" to get our mail. Hannah was prancing around so I knew she had to go potty but she refused to go. As I was trying to keep 3 toddlers together, grab mail, and get Hannah to the bathroom, Makenna is pulling boxes off the shelve...what a time. Hannah proceeds to announce that she has peed her pants! This child is so afraid of those darn automatic flushing toilets that we cannot hardly get her to go out in public. I have no idea what we will do in Disney next week!
She had a great time, played with playdoh and in the kitchen. That was all I could get out of her! She asked for a nap this afternoon so I guess she was warn out!
I will attach a couple of pics to show how adorable she was!

4 comments:

Gary said...

While at Disney, if Hannah needs to go bathroom, just go to Chinatown and she can go on the sidewalk-just like the real China!

LifeWithTheFerrells said...

hahaha! Too funny, never thought of that! Maybe they'd have a squatty potty too!

Tony and Rett said...

Hehehe, what a moment! First day of preschool...I don't want tht day to ever come!

As for auto toilets, someone told me once to keep a stack of post-it notes in the diaper bag/purse and stick one over the sensor. Or better yet, let Hannah do that. Then she'll know it won't flush till she's ready!

And I can one up you...Abby, the one who no longer wears a pull-up ever (even on several hour car trips and not even at night) peed in the hall outside our Congressman's office in D.C.! She was in the Chinese squat, which I guess felt natural! GRR! Today, I can laugh about it!

Seven Alexanders said...

Before you know it, you'll be packing them up for college!